Over the last 10 years the insulation industry has agreed on one major topic. Traditional fiberglass is no match for spray foam insulation in performance. Spray foam insulation is a bit more costly but the benefits outweigh those costs. Builders and architects have turned to spray foam for all types of projects……new, renovation, and remodeling projects. Foam insulation provides an airtight seal that is impervious to outside conditions in a way that fiberglass cannot. While fiberglass is an effective insulation, spray foam gives the following benefits:
- more energy efficiency making the home or building more valuable
- a green solution to insulation projects
- a more comfortable home or office with no drafts or “spots”
- a quieter environment than not having insulation
- higher level of structural integrity
- reduced dust and pollen
- higher R value means better insulation properties
- condensation control
- Energy savings of up to 40% greater than traditional methods of insulation
Sprayed polyurethane foam and closed cell plastic foams are FEMA approved materials that have been deemed acceptable materials for floors, walls, and ceilings in areas that are subject to flooding. Here on the Jersey shore we have seen time after time where the waterproof properties have been much more effective in controlling recovery costs on homes that were susceptible to water damage.
Spray Foam is the gold standard in insulation with energy savings of up to 50% on a new home. Make sure your home is being upgraded if you are building, or call us and find out how to create new efficiencies in your home by treating your attic or crawlspace without a major renovation.